IASME is an information assurance standard
The IASME Governance standard
Based on international best practice, IASME is risk-based and includes aspects such as physical security, staff awareness and business continuity. The IASME standard was recently recognised as the best cyber security standard for small companies by the UK Government when in consultation with trade associations and industry groups. The IASME governance assessment includes the Cyber Essentials assessment within it, and is available either as a self-assessment or an on-site audit. The audited IASME certification is seen as a realistic alternative to ISO27001 by an increasing number of companies.
In line with current government guidance and policy, it is likely that any organisation proposing to offer goods and services to EU member states will need to comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) from May 2018. The IASME Governance standard offers the option to be assessed against GDPR requirements as part of the IASME Governance assessment.
Certification to the IASME Governance standard will indicate a good level of all-round information security. This will be particularly true if you also pass the GDPR assessment questions and indicate that you have made efforts to ensure your company is ready for the introduction of the regulation.
You can download a copy of the IASME standard here: https://www.iasme.co.uk/the-iasme-standard/free-download-of-iasme-standard/
IASME Self Assessed
• We set you up with a login to our assessment portal
• You complete and submit your self-assessment questionnaire
• We assess your answers and issue you with feedback
• If your answers are compliant we issue you with your IASME Self-Assessed certificate
• If you are not yet compliant, we issue feedback and you have 48 hours to remediate and resubmit (you have one re-test included within the fee)
• At this level, no checking of your Information Assurance controls is required.
Contact us for pricing
• The IASME audited certification starts off with a self-assessment.
• If your answers are not compliant, an assessor will work with you to identify the gaps and complete any remediation tasks.
• Once your self-assessed certification has been obtained, a thorough onsite audit is carried out.
• A report is produced, ratified by the IASME consortium, and your IASME Gold certification is awarded.